TEEN DRIVERS EDUCATION
Our School is Committed to teaching our students!
We serve Sherman, Denison, Howe, Bells, Tom Bean, Whitesboro, S&S, Pottsboro, Van Alstyne, Gunter and the surrounding areas.
Teen’s Course Fees:
|Full Driver’s Ed Course
Classroom and In-Car Instruction
Permit testing and eye exam for permit are all done at Texoma Driving School.
|Classroom Only (32 hours)
There are thirty-two (32) required hours of classroom instruction. The classroom instruction phase shall be completed within the time lines stated in the contract and all 32 hours must be attended and successfully completed or made up. Only two (2) hours of scheduled classroom instruction are permitted per day.
- Your teen must attend the first six (6) hours of classroom instruction before a learner’s permit will be issued by DPS.
- Seven (7) clock hours of in-car driving instruction and an additional seven (7) clock hours of in-car observation are required.
- There is a maximum of five (5) hours of driver training activities per day. These activities include scheduled classroom, make-up classroom, behind-the-wheel-driving, and simulator training. A two-hour increment of behind-the-wheel instruction may be offered once during the behind-the-wheel phase of instruction for each student.
- In-car driving and observation must be completed within the time lines stated in the contract.
Students will need to bring the following items with them when they come to the first day of class. These go to the Department of Public Safety for the students to be able to take their written tests for their Learner’s Permit.
- Original copy of their Birth Certificate, or a certified copy
- Social Security Card (original)
- School Verification form from your school verifying you are currently enrolled and were in attendance of school 80 days in the fall or spring semester preceding the date of application. This requirement applies to persons under 18 years of age unless a high school diploma or its equivalent has been obtained. School Verification is a special form provided by your school. Home School students can pick up these forms at Texoma Driving School. G.E.D. students need to bring their Certificate of Completion or if they are still attending classes they can get one of the forms from Texoma Driving School to be completed by the G.E.D. School.
First week is classroom only for 2 hours a day. For the remaining 2 weeks, there is 2 hours of classroom and 2 hours of driving each day. The written test for the permit is taken on Friday of the first week.
2014 Driver’s Education Schedule
January 6th - 27th
February 3rd - February 24th
March 3rd - March 31st (no classes 10-14)
April 7th - 28th
May 5th- May 26th
June 9th - June 30th (morning & afternoon classes)
July 7th - 28th (morning & afternoon classes)
August 4th - 25th (morning & afternoon classes)
September 8th - September 29th
October 6th - October 27th
November 3rd - November 24th
December 1st - December 22nd
By taking our class, your student may be eligible for a 10% insurance discount.